Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Shampain

"Drinking champagne to forget yesterday
Coz I remember, the way, the way, the way
It ended the day, the day, the day, the day
That I walked away, away, away, away

Drinking champagne, made by the angel
Who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
Drinking champagne made of an angel's
Tears and pain, but I feel celestial."


Ever since I saw the music video for this song, I have been singing it in my bedroom. It reminds of me and Claire's fun at the factory. After she was taken away that cold October evening, I went into a deep depression. To help cope with myself, I started writing my own songs to help forget everything about Claire. It was like me drinking champagne, just so I could become drunk and not rember anything about that horrible night. What ever I did never worked. I started having horrible nightmares about that day. The blonde girl with the glasses that stood in front of the case. I heard words like "red hair", "green eyes", "this one", "JLY #39", "which one", and "I'll get her". I was on the other side of the case so I didn't see what happened. But the girl walked around with Claire's box in hand. Tears started brimming in my eyes. I couldn't believe it. One of the other JLY #44's suggested that we switch boxes. I was in the front so if the girl came back to get #44, she would pick me. But she never did. She walked back to the register with an outfit in hand. Soon, Claire was in a bright red bag. The mom looked like she didn't really want her to get the doll. But she obviously let her. They walked out of the store and that's where the dream ends. I usually end up waking up saying, "No Claire, don't leave me." But she already did. I still have these nightmares.

This was a rather pointless post but I felt the need to. Bye.

Love,
Hayden

(C) Song: Marina & the Diamonds 2010

1 comment:

  1. "Elderly stars slide down the morning sky
    Slipping away to find a place to die
    I wonder when the night will reach it's end
    The sleep is not my friend."

    -Claire

    ReplyDelete